Sunday, April 18, 2010

Illegal Contraband


It has been so interesting coming from my traditional-charismatic-fundamental-evangelical life to where I am today. I don't want to put a name on where I am now, because I am through with labels. I will tell you it is a place of freedom, where the works and writings of sages of all religions are no longer taboo. Literally, because I say so.

The funny thing is that I am finding that what I had been taught and warned about, is not happening. I am reading from the Buddhist, Hindu, Moslem, Jewish, and Native American traditions. And lo and behold, I have not been transformed into a follower of any of them yet. The warnings of the evil they contained is not true. Are my fundamental beliefs that strong or are the stories of contamination somewhat embellished? I am not sure.

What I have found is a person or people who are looking for the same thing I am. A relationship with God. They may call Him a Her or The Truth or The Consciousness. But whatever the name or the angle of trajectory, they are trying to find their way just like me. And in each and every thing there are jewels I glean. I do not pick up everything I see, just as I do not retain everything I have been exposed to in my Christian faith. But, oh, the things I will experience and the places I will see!

The journey is made all the sweeter by finding fellow travelers on the highways and byways of this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment