Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hope Really Floats


Hope is a flighty word. It is pie in the sky or wish upon a star or genie in a lamp. But it really isn't - if your hope is in Something.

But we don't consider that Hope. Hope is what we place in the stock market, or in a spouse, or in a job, or in our children. All notoriously unreliable. So why do I do it? Because these things give me identity, they give me joy, they give me security. They also disappoint me, hurt me, kick me out, and desert me. So is my hope misplaced or not hope at all. I think I will rename those. They are wishes like when you blow out candles on your cake. Gone with the smoke that whispers from the wick.

Hope is something I place. In hands sure enough to cup me in them. Arms strong enough to lift me up. And love that will never let me fall. Because it never fails. Hope assured.....

No comments:

Post a Comment