Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beggars



"Could it be that beggars know how to open their hands trusting that the crumbs of grace will fall?"


Sue Monk Kidd in When the Heart Waits

Emptying our hands because we cannot receive unless they are. How willing are we to do that? Are they really empty and we just can't see it. That we do not hold them out because we think we own what we imagine is inside it. Maybe I have to get to a point that I could empty them, before I realize they contain nothing but the next thing He will place there.....Hmmmmm

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, indeed, Jo :)

    I love what I am discovering about empty handedness. How ... unbelievably full it is :)

    And also how it applies to your post about hope, too. The impermanence of things. The way nothing stays as it is, and everything ends. And how, even in all of that, is great beauty as well.

    How much more beautiful God looks in that space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. I cannot picture my hands full because I am just getting used to the emptiness. What I have to look forward to!

    Isn't it funny how we are so used to the ending of something automatically meaning the beginning of something else. What if we just revel in the in-between? I am enjoying being in my birthday suit. Maybe my new birth-day suit.

    Thanks for responding to my post.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The in-between? Ooh, yeah, that's a challenge :)

    In your birthday suit? Are you writing that comment in the nude??? :)

    ReplyDelete