Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life

I watched a colorized version of the Christmas classic, "It's A Wonderful Life". I did not plan to, but I did.

I was expecting some brash, fake, colorization, but was pleasantly surprised. The color was subtly added and did not detract from the film. In fact, I saw things I had never seen before.

At the beginning of the story, George and Mary dance right into the school pool, and are walking home in borrowed clothing. Mary loses hers and ends up in a hydrangea bush. Never noticed that before.

Later in the story, due to a mishap, George and Mary spend their honeymoon in their delapidated new, old home. Mary and friends make it into a romantic getaway. A vase of flowers in the corner, just happens to be blue hydrangeas. What a special and memorable touch. I only knew because of their blue color.

I think the kingdom of God is like that. It is a dimension we can live in that is colorized. It does more than bring out the the blues and greens. He is able to open our eyes to all people and things around us. The problem is, sometimes it is more comfortable to return to the drab, muted grays of my life. Just to hide and blend in. I think maybe that is why I have to pursue Him. The colors are only visible when I am connected to the Vine. The Master Artist. He has the pallete. The coloring box with all the good colors And when I realize if I draw close enough, He is always open to sharing - WOW!

A Wonderful Technicolor Life!

But you can almost hear Him chuckle. Because He knows there would be no colors if it was not for the black and white and grays.........

No comments:

Post a Comment