Sunday, December 20, 2009

Emmanuel

God with us

I think of all the Christmas "names" that is my favorite. Counselor, King of Kings, Prince of Peace, Lord of Lords. All so dear and near, but none come as close as this one.

God with us

At this time of year,like all the Christmas's of my life, I spiritually stand at the manger. I have touched the manger, looked lovingly at the young couple, and cooed and gurgled with the baby. But in the recesses of my mind, I have always had an ominous feeling that I would have been one of those that would have said "How silly". The hopes of the world, born in a stable, on a cold winter's night? Hmph!

But this Christmas is different. Because I am different. I do not stand on what I know but am falling free among the wonder of what I don't. I don't think I have ever experienced Christmas before. Not really. I have not one decoration in my home. Not because I am a Scrooge, but because I am letting Christmas come to me on soft little cat paw's. It has slinked around the back of the chair and pounced on my heart. I give up, I am His. Forever and ever and ever. And He is mine

Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment