Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Tim


Testify!!

Don't hear that much anymore. Don't know why. I remember traveling on lay witness missions as a youth. I would give my testimony, all the time secretly hoping I had a little juicier one. Like a Hells Angel who saw their wicked way and came to Jesus! Much more dramatic.

In this verse from Timothy, Paul is doing just that. He is literally testifying to the love of God in his life.

However, I was treated with mercy because I acted ignorantly in my unbelief.


Father forgive them, for they know not what they do. How powerful is that statement. How exciting. That is what the world is waiting to hear. You are a prostitute - I can make you white as snow. You are a murderer - let me wash your hands. You are disfigured - you are beautiful in my sight.

Everyone you know wants to hear that. Daily we struggle under the secular messages of this world. You are too young. You are too old. You are too inexperienced. You are over-qualified. You are too fat. You are too thin.

So why is it so hard for us to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment