Monday, November 21, 2011

Serenity IV



Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will


And the sky will always be blue and birds will forever sing.

Yeah, right....

Exactly!   That is the word He used - RIGHT!!

So the question is whose right?  His, mine, yours, the majority, the white, the black, words spoken in Spanish, or English words only please.  Right is an odd word.  As an adverb it means to the farthest and complete extent of degree.  As a noun it means morally correct, just, or honorable, the opposite of wrong.  As a verb it means to restore to a normal or upright position.  As an exclamation it is used to denote agreement.  You can also be politically right or conservative.

But it all boils down to MY right!  OK, I said it.  I want to be healed, and my husband's job to be restored, and my nineteen year old unmarried daughter not to be pregnant so she can finish college and make a good living and have all the things I never had or could not provide for her.   And the thing is, if my life is such a mess and I had my eye and thumb on it, how can I possibly surrender it all to Your will, without your express promise you will make it right?  Promise?

If we leave it to Him, there is no promise of healing, or a new job, or miraculously that the 19 year old will not be in a delivery room in 8 months or so.  But I can tell you it is all bound up in those words SURRENDER & TRUST & WILL.  Right becomes a balance, a harmony.  Maybe tentative and sometimes dissonant, but it is there and He is the master who writes - pardon me - rights the score, trusting that I will place myself in His will.  Surrendering to the Song.......

No comments:

Post a Comment