Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's not Him? Is it?


Is it?

The beginning of the end of what you knew as your staid, tried and true theology. It is like the proverbial crack in your spiritual dyke. You run out of fingers and finally, you sit and just let the water rush in, over your head and through your hair.

You knew it was coming. The more you came to know Him, the less some of it matched. Then the less of what you read or saw made sense with what you knew was the truth. First you were a little stressed and then you thought, OK, it doesn't really matter.....does it?

Then you realized it did matter, because if it is not Him, then it is man describing his experience of Him. Not to be negated, but to pull back a teeny, tiny corner of Who they saw. It is never wrong.....it is their perception in another time, another place.

Same Father, but speaking a slightly different language or version. Because, believe it or not, those folks never heard of our 21st century. It did not exist and in their wildest imagination they could not have perceived it.

So is it wrong that I feel He is speaking to me in an updated version. Is it hypocrisy? Or heresy? Or sacrilegious. He wants to be known, by me. He left His thumbprint on the words of my faithful fathers, for me to find. But He did not do it so I would set up an altar and worship the print. He wants me to search for the Hand that made it. He wants to leave more thumbprints in the lives of me and my peers.

So fellow NCIS & CSI-er's. Get out those magnifying glasses and happy hunting...

No comments:

Post a Comment