Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creation?

Taking an abbreviated few sessions on a course of study "Living the Questions". Somewhat radical for my little ole Southern Methodist Church. Many of the sessions can be found on YouTube. Worth looking at.

Tonight we discussed the two accounts of Creation in Genesis. I have not been a literalist when it comes to Creation for a very long time. But in the course of discussion tonight, it was more or less presented that I needed to make a decision. You see, I am not ready to make that. I am perfectly ready to look at the flaws in one, but not ready to swallow the other, hook, line and sinker.

I have had a 360 degree turn around in my views. Kicking and screaming I might add, but nonetheless, I have changed. But you are not going to now tell me what I should think - again. It is as if I have recently been widowed and I am not ready to start dating again. In fact, I am sitting here quite nicely, not having anything figured out. I don't want to go through this grief again, thank you.

I am extremely disillusioned with the evangelical/fundamentalist camp, but I am finding the progressive/emergent church is just as hoity toity. Both find their need to attack the other. Stop that! Go to your respective corners and believe in peace! You will definitely draw more flies to your camp with this type of accepting honey than the vile water you are spewing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment