Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mary


I have a hard time wrapping my mind around Mary this Christmas. It happens every year. There is just one thing in the Christmas story that I have heard time and again that just sticks out and demands my attention. Mary has become my focal point.

It is amazing! She is to become the mother of the Christ - what a blessing, what an opportunity. But then the gravity of the situation just starts to creep in and you go a little crazy. There is a relatively new Disney film based on the childrens' story of Rapunzel. It is called Tangled and having a 2 year old granddaughter, I have only seen it about 20 times. Now the weird thing about it is that I have enjoyed watching it 20 something times. It is lovely and the music is good and it has a wonderful lesson. In the film, Rapunzel has found someone to take her to the see the "lights" (I will not spoil the story) and she is torn between leaving the tower/disobeying her mother and doing the one thing she has always dreamed of. It is very humorous, but I can almost see Mary in the same situation. Yipee, I am the mother of the Messiah. Ooooh, what will people think! What a miracle, I am having a baby! Hoooowwww am I going to tell Joseph! It could go on and on.

The other thing, that bugs me about Mary was how do you keep something like this a secret. It is hard for me at my age. A young girl the age of Mary. Was alot of divine intervening going on!
She is really a puzzle this Christmas......

No comments:

Post a Comment