Friday, October 30, 2009

Christ in Me

Why do we feel as a church, as Christ, that people have to come to us, rather than us going to them? If Jesus had ministered only to those that came to synagogue, he would have had a very tumultuous and an assuredly much shorter ministry. Christ came to me - when I was a fundamentalist, an evangelical, a charismatic, a moderate, and even now in my more liberal theology. He was always the heart of my desire. Funny, but I felt he looked and acted totally different in each stage of my spiritual life. But you know what. He did not change. I cannot go back and tell you at any time, that he revealed any part of him that was not in line with his character. He was to me what I needed each step of the way. But he was always Christ. I just see so clearly now that my need of him was more important than my theologically correct perception of him. And he knew it and he allowed it. He did not compromise who he was in anyway. And as I grew, I learned how to love him each step of the way. And what I saw was what I wanted. I wanted to draw closer and in drawing closer, I was transformed. I hope for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment