Saturday, August 18, 2012

Daddy

Daddy,


I had such a good day at school

I did my work and tried not to talk

When my teacher was speaking

It was so very hard Daddy,

But I just thought of you

And it helped me to be good



Dad,

College is really rough

The courses are so hard

The temptations are too great

I know how very much you

Have invested in me

So I will try to keep

On the straight and narrow

Remember me in your prayers



Father

Remember when I told you

I could not wait to grow up

I was wrong, I could have waited

A family, a mortgage, a job

It seems too much to bear

But I have always been careful

To listen to your advice

So that is really what I am

Depending on right now,

That and our conversations.

Thanks for being the kind of father

I could always look up to

And never afraid to talk to



Daddy,

It is just you and me now

I won’t be bringing anyone

Else along on this trip

It has been a rough road

At times, but a good one

I have not always made the

Best choices, but you have

Stuck by me and loved me

No matter what I did

I am anxious to see you

It’s been a long time

God, I am ready when you are.



Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment